Abstract Submission: 14th February 2020
Writeshop: 27th - 28th February 2020
Deadline for Full Papers: 10th March 2020
UWEWK 2020: Monday 23rd – Friday 27th 2020
Uganda Water and Environment Week (UWEWK) is a weeklong event that is organized annually by Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE), spearheaded by Water Resources Institute (WRI). Since its initiation in 2018, the event seeks to contribute towards the attainment of Sustainable Socio-economic Transformation in collaboration with various partners and stakeholders. It provides an interface for sector actors and other stakeholders for knowledge exchange and improvement of Uganda’s water and environment resources
Water and Environment week 2019
Theme: “Water and Environment a strategic driver in attainment of Sustainable Development Goals 2030”
Date: Monday 18 – Friday 22, March 2019
Venue Water Resource Institute in Entebbe.
- Exhibitions and side events staged by public and private sector institutions, academia, development partners, civil society organizations/non-governmental organizations and others;
- Keynote speeches delivered by leading sector professional, industrial experts and policy makers;
- Paper and posters presented by different scholars and practitioners;
- Parallel sessions on thematic areas and topics held for different categories of participants;
- High level panel discussions to discuss policy issues and implications for water and environment resources and their role in achieving SDGs by 2030;
- Applied training sessions on relevant key topics in line with the sub-themes;
- Commemoration of International days: World Forest Day, World Water Day and World Meteorological Day.
- Outstanding personalities and contributors to the water and environment sector awarded;
- Daily brief
- A media hub established for accreditation of the press, coordination of the press conferences and provision of updates about the event;
- Guests and participants entertained through school performances, including poetry, songs and other forms of entertainment.
- One day field visits to selected sites within and around Entebbe and Kampala to provide practical demonstration to participants in line with the sub-themes of the week
Mobile: + 256 772 521413, +256 772 468772, +256 772 560318